Tuesday, October 16, 2012

NCSoft is killing my game!

It has been some time since I wrote on my blog but this issue has consumed me since it was announced Aug 31 2012 (forever known as Black Friday to me).
I have played City of Heroes fairly obsessively since Dec 2004. Only in the past 2 years have I played more sporadically. I was just starting to get back into playing when NCSoft announced out of the blue that the company would be "refocusing" and that City of Heroes would be shut down. There are efforts underway to save the game in some fashion but I need to write out some of my memories of my travels through Paragon City and show some of what NCSoft is really destroying.
I'll be posting (hopefully) once a day with one of my level 50s (the highest level you can attain in the game).

First up is: Elementalinator
An Electric Blast/Mental Manipulation magical blaster.
She was part of The Terminators. The backstory is that the Terminator movie had fallen into the DND realms and a group had become taken with the  Arnold Schwarzenegger character and so we all added the "-inator" to our race name, so we had Dwarvenator, Elfinator, Gnominator etc. In the first pic you see her on a popular hill in Talos. Note her shadow! Great graphics in this game. Also note the blackboard behind her. It's a ad for a restaurant in COH called "Cap'n Krak'n" which is a bit of an in-joke since there's a kraken like monster that spawns in Independence Port.


Elementalinator in her "natural" form

This is me at Luminary, one of the trainers I used often, so you can see scale. I'm also in my Terminator outfit. It was required wear for when we were grouping.


Luminary and Me
The Terminators were real friends who tried to meet weekly to team up. It was a fun concept and I enjoyed it for the year or so (I joined the group late) that it took to level my character to 50.

1 comment:

Fuzzy said...

I Love to play also. I've been leaving one of my toons (HotRox) Up standing Vigil when I go to work every day on liberty. I've sent in masks and capes to NCSoft. I'm not giving up!